Newcomers practical mentoring program prepares newcomers /engineers for Canadian job market.
● Resume preparation/review
● Interview Techniques (Targeted interview)
● Mock interview to prepare participants for interview
● Tour of a small high tech manufacturing company, and getting familiar with some new manufacturing technique for small high tech business
● Networking (with other engineers and job agencies).
● Mohandes members only (regular members)
In order to make mentoring sessions as efficient as possible the number of attendees are limited
● Sessions: First session; April 17, once a week for total of 4 weeks
● Time: 6:15 pm to 8:15 pm
● Address: 431 Alden Rd., unit 3, Markham, On L3R 4C1
Mentor Background & Experience
Mentor: Farhad Bakhtari, P.Eng
● 30+ years of work experience in manufacturing industry both in Iran and Canada
● 20 years of work experience in both manufacturing and design in Canadian companies
● 12+ years of providing mentoring to engineers new to Canada (in GTA area)
● 3 years of web base international mentoring experience [to new immigrants (engineers) prior to their arrival to Canada].